[one-users] Bug in 4.6,2?

Javier Fontan jfontan at opennebula.org
Tue Jul 8 02:58:41 PDT 2014

You can force the core to rewrite the ownership and permissions, they
are OK inside the body. To do this, create an empty file called
"empty" and as oneadmin you have to execute:

$ onetemplate list | awk '{print $1}' | grep -v ID | xargs -L1 -ixxx
onetemplate update -av xxx empty

Make a backup of the database before executing it. We have tested the
command but having a failsafe is always good.

On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 10:42 AM, Wilma Hermann <wilma.hermann at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What can I do to fix this in a database that is already at 4.6.2? I do not
> really want to go back to my 4.4 backup...
>
> Greetings
> Wilma

>> Hi,
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 2:04 AM, Grzegorz Kocur <gkocur at ux.pl> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Last night I upgraded opennebula 4.4 to newest stable version - 4.6.2.
>>> The upgrade went smoothly, but after starting oned I met strange problem:
>>> user with given id could list template with the same id (with no rights to
>>> this template).
>>>
>>> For example:
>>> user with id 80 running "onetemplate list" gets template with id 80, user
>>> with id 81 gets template id 81  etc.
>>> I had to revert to opennebula 4.4, this is critical for us.
>>>
>>> It looks like a bug. Can anyone of you confirm this?
>>

>> Yes, it's a bug that was reported recently. We just updated the
>> documentation [1] with the workaround:
>>
>>> There is a known issue (#3006) in the database upgrade scripts shipped
>>> with OpenNebula 4.6.2. To fix it, download the lastest code from the repo:
>>>

>>> sudo wget
>>> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/OpenNebula/one/one-4.6/src/onedb/shared/4.4.1_to_4.5.80.rb
>>> -O /usr/lib/one/ruby/onedb/shared/4.4.1_to_4.5.80.rb
>>

>> Regards
>>
>> [1]
>> http://docs.opennebula.org/4.6/release_notes/release_notes/upgrade_44.html
>> --
>> Carlos Martín, MSc
>> Project Engineer
>> OpenNebula - Flexible Enterprise Cloud Made Simple
>> www.OpenNebula.org | cmartin at opennebula.org | @OpenNebula

Javier Fontán Muiños
Developer
www.OpenNebula.org | @OpenNebula | github.com/jfontan