[one-users] variables in RAW section

Ruben S. Montero rsmontero at opennebula.org
Wed Jul 2 06:45:57 PDT 2014

I am afraid that it is not currently supported by the OpenNebula core. Only
variables in CONTEXT get parsed and $VMID substituted.

If you need this, you could add it in the deploy script. You can get the
VM-ID with a grep of the deployment file ($domain) for <name> and sed to
remove the one- part. And then simply cat the contents of raw data to the
deployment file. Note that this will be added to any VM so you probably
want to filter it through a variable (e.g. a dummy raw data or whaterver...)

Cheers

Ruben

On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 9:31 PM, Damien Waber <damien.waber at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I try to add virtual shared folder to my KVM guests. I tried adding a RAW
> section to template
>
> RAW = [
>  type = "kvm",
>  data = "<filesystem type='mount' accessmode='mapped'><source
> dir='/tmp/shares/$VMID'/><target dir='share'/></filesystem>"
> ]
>
> But VMID is not replaced dynamically. Is there an alternative way to
> specify dynamic VMID in this section?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Damien

Ruben S. Montero, PhD