[one-users] Unable to auto start one and sunstone service in Ubuntu 13.10

Stefan Kooman stefan at bit.nl
Thu Jan 30 23:29:45 PST 2014

Quoting kiran ranjane (kiran.ranjane at gmail.com):

> I have tested this and it works well. I get only 3 to 4 timeout request
> when fail-over is triggered so this is quite instant and simple to
> troubleshoot in-case of issues, No split brain as M/M replication is used
> and both the database and always in sync, Mostly all the sync is from one
> side Server A to B because server A is the master node and services are
> running on one server at a time. Services on Server B starts only after
> fail-over is triggered so the syncing of data from B to A is always less
> because it is used as standby cloud storage server.

You state "No split brain as M/M replication is used ...". But what if
communication between server A and B is lost? Server A becomes master
and starts one. Server B becomes master and starts one. They both update
the one database, but replication is not (yet) happening because no
communication is possible so no issue yet. After communication is
restored replication continues, and this might work without errors
(although I have my doubts about that). One master node (B) will proably
shuts itself down. Master A continues to run. I wonder how healthy the
one database is after such an incident. Do you do manual fail-overs or
automatic ones?

Gr. Stefan