[one-users] Setting the "SHAREABLE" attribute

Gareth Bult gareth at linux.co.uk
Thu Jan 30 07:07:03 PST 2014

Mmm, there has been some discussion around this ..

Technically using cache=writeback "should" be safe for migration.
(which is the method I use)

So .. I need "cache=writeback" and "sharable" for migration to happen.
(the performance hit with cache=off is an unacceptable performance hit, at least for me ..)

>From the QEMU lists, 2012;
"In short, if you're using a recent kernel with ext3 or ext4, cache=writeback is absolutely safe. If you're using an older version of ext3, cache=writeback is still safe but ext3 itself isn't. cache=writeback can make the situation worse."

Gareth Bult
“The odds of hitting your target go up dramatically when you aim at it.”
See the status of my current project at http://vdc-store.com