[one-users] CentOS Dojo Hackathon

Jaime Melis jmelis at opennebula.org
Thu Jan 30 01:16:30 PST 2014

Hi Stefan,

I agree - I'm actually writing this email from Arch Linux, actually :-).

I don't have much systemd expertise, but from looking at some examples it
looks something that we could easily do. Let's see how systemd's
documentation is, as long as it's clear enough...

Robert Schweikert made some custom systemd scripts for openSUSE, we can
base our work off of that. The good thing about OpenNebula is that it has
very few distro-specific patches or tweaks, so I think we can make the
systemd support distro independent. I'm also looking at reusing those
scripts for Fedora.

cheers,
Jaime

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 10:09 AM, Stefan Kooman <stefan at bit.nl> wrote:

> Quoting Jaime Melis (jmelis at opennebula.org):
> >
> > We have a bit more information with regard to this. The hackathon will
> > start shortly after lunch, at 14:15, and we will take upon us to improve
> > the following points in OpenNebula / CentOS:
> >
> > - CloudInit 0.7.5 support
> > - Systemd scripts for CentOS 7
> It would be cool though, if easily possible, to make systemd support distro
> independent (I'm thinking about Arch Linux).
>
> Gr. Stefan
>
> --
> | BIT BV  http://www.bit.nl/        Kamer van Koophandel 09090351
> | GPG: 0xD14839C6                   +31 318 648 688 / info at bit.nl