[one-users] reupload RBD images

Kenneth kenneth at apolloglobal.net
Sat Jan 18 18:24:18 PST 2014

Thank you very much. I knew there is a way like that but I don't
know the syntax. I was desperate reuploading qcow2 images to rbd.

Thank you again.
---

Thanks,
Kenneth
Apollo Global Corp.

On
01/19/2014 09:27 AM, Vladislav Gorbunov wrote:

> You can create create
image in open nebula pool radios from existing
> rbd image rados/foo
with command like:
> oneimage create -d rados --name foo --type os
--persistent --size `rbd
> info rados/foo|awk '/size/ {print $5*4}'`
--source rados/foo

<m.richardson at ed.ac.uk>:

>> On 17/01/14 04:23, Kenneth wrote:
>>

>>> So our frontend crashed yesterday and I can't recover any of data
from it. All images are saved on ceph datastore. Now when I install the
new frontend, I know that the sunstone GUI will be empty, how can I
reupload the images from the ceph RBD?
>> I'm not sure what opennebula
will do if there is already a ceph rbd image with the name that it wants
to use when creating a new image - however there is a safe, if a bit
more laborious way to do it... 1) Rename all the images in ceph for
safety before you start: rbd mv one-1 one-1-orig 2) Create new images
from opennebula, using the same specs you used to create the original
ones. You should now see 'one-1' etc in ceph. It doesn't matter what the
images contain (i.e. they can be empty) but you should make sure to
create them with the same name, type, size, persistence etc. 3) Stop
opennebula to prevent any more changes 4) Delete the empty images in
ceph (Make sure you're not deleting the originals here!): rbd rm one-1
5) Move the original images back to the corresponding names: rbd mv
one-1-orig one-1 6) Restart opennebula Hope this helps! Matthew -- The
University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland,
with registration number SC005336.
Users at lists.opennebula.org

Users at lists.opennebula.org

Links: