[one-users] VMs not deploying because of datastore error

Ruben S. Montero rsmontero at opennebula.org
Fri Jan 17 09:39:04 PST 2014

Hi Javier,

A couple of ideas:

1.- System DS needs to be associated to a cluster. Sometimes this may cause
problems if a host is in a cluster but the cluster hasn't got any system
DS. (This seems not to be your problem, but just double checking)

2.- System DS information is gathered through the motorization process. You
need to check: 1.- hosts are being monitored, 2.- the monitor message
includes information about the DS. You can debug this by executing
monitor_ds.sh script at the hosts. Monitor DS is a bash script, at the top
you can find out the arguments you need to pass to it

3.- Did you set DATASTORE_LOCATION? Maybe the monitor script is not looking
at the right place. (Also could you double check that the datastore is
actually mounted?)

Hope it helps

Ruben

On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 5:42 PM, Javier <javier.alvarez at bsc.es> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> After a reboot my VMs started getting stuck in PENDING state. Watching at
> the log files I noticed that the problem was that the system datastore was
> not being correctly monitored:
>
> onedatastore list
>   ID NAME                SIZE AVAIL CLUSTER      IMAGES TYPE DS       TM
>    0 system                0M -     -                 0 sys -        shared
>    1 default            31.3T 57%   -                12 img fs       shared
>    2 files              31.3T 57%   -                 2 fil fs       ssh
>
> And I was getting the following error:
>
> Fri Jan 17 17:32:02 2014 [SCHED][D]: VM 2794: Local Datastore 0 in Host 8
> filtered out. Not enough capacity.
>
> Now, if I create a new system datastore, it happens the same as with
> datastore 0. However, creating an image datastore and then changing its
> type to SYSTEM_DS makes it work fine and VMs start being deployed again
> using that alternative system datastore.
>
> My question is if this is a bug or if I am making some mistake.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Javier
>
> WARNING / LEGAL TEXT: This message is intended only for the use of the
> individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
> information which is privileged, confidential, proprietary, or exempt
> from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended
> recipient or the person responsible for delivering the message to the
> intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing,
> distributing, copying, or in any way using this message. If you have
> received this communication in error, please notify the sender and
> destroy and delete any copies you may have received.
>
> http://www.bsc.es/disclaimer

Ruben S. Montero, PhD
Project co-Lead and Chief Architect