[one-users] How to definitely remove CDROM image from a VM after installation

ML mail mlnospam at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 15 08:22:46 PST 2014

Hi Carlos,

I understand that the "cloud-way" to go would be to have a contextualized image which I would upload and then instantiate instead of manually installing a VM like I did.

Which best-practice deployment would you suggest for more permament VMs? Would you instantiate a non-persistant OS image and have a persistent datablock for the data? (I think that is the classical way) What about the configuration files? Let's say I would have MySQL data on the datablock but then my MySQL configuration would be stored on the non-persistant image which could be a problem if I undeploy my VM by error.

Regards,
M.L.