[one-users] Few issues / concern about detach/attach operation of VM disks

kiran ranjane kiran.ranjane at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 05:40:44 PST 2014

Hello,

Scenario :

-- I created a VM from a template which had 2 disk (OS, Datablock).
-- The VM was deployed properly in Running State and after that I tried the
detach operation on Datablock disk. The disk was detached correctly without
any errors but I want to attach the same disk again to the VM and there is
no such way to do it in ONE.

-- The disk that are listed below in Storage tab under VM should be there
even after you detach the disk from the VM so that in case we need it back
we can attach the same disk again.

-- Also we should have the option to move/attach the data-disk of a
particular VM to any other VM.

-- Now if I detach the disk the data that is stored in that particular disk
is gone. Is there a way to get it back?

Thanks
Kiran Ranjane