[one-users] Sunstone issue re; editing Templates

Gareth Bult gareth at linux.co.uk
Wed Jan 8 08:40:39 PST 2014

Ok, it gets better, I have another VM that's running Ok, when I look at the browser I see;

DISK
CACHE 	writethrough
DEV_PREFIX 	sd
DRIVER 	raw
IMAGE 	Relay1-Main
IMAGE_ID 	93
IMAGE_UNAME 	oneadmin
IO 	native
Yet when I edit the template I see;

ID Name Datastore Type Status #VMS 188 	Relay1-Copy 	data2 	OS 	READY 	0
187 	Relay1-Main 	data2 	OS 	USED_PERS 	1
186 	NS3-Copy 	data2 	OS 	READY 	0
185 	NS3-Main 	data2 	OS 	USED_PERS 	1

    *
    *
    * 1
    * 2
    * 3
    * 4
    * 5
    *
    *

You selected the following image: Relay1-Main

i.e. The browser is showing image ID 93, whereas the template editor is showing the correct and running
image_id which is 187. (yes, I've tried the reload icon, and moved off/on etc etc)

"onevm show" shows the correct name, but only the name ..

It looks like the GUI isn't keeping up with the underlying infrastructure ...
(93 is an "old" image that "used" to be used by the template)

--

Gareth Bult
“The odds of hitting your target go up dramatically when you aim at it.”