[one-users] Setting the "SHAREABLE" attribute

Javier Fontan jfontan at opennebula.org
Thu Jan 30 04:12:03 PST 2014

I've been digging a bit more in the shareable issue and it seems that
setting "shareable" to a disk just disables cache in qemu/kvm[1]:

--8<------
4158         virBufferAsprintf(&opt, ",cache=%s", mode);
4159     } else if (disk->shared && !disk->readonly) {
4160         virBufferAddLit(&opt, ",cache=off");
4161     }

Isn't it enough to disable cache for disks that can be migrated?

[1] http://libvirt.org/git/?p=libvirt.git;a=blob;f=src/qemu/qemu_command.c;h=e1ff2872209de43a5d9591d7096ca887ed429df3;hb=HEAD#l4159

--
Javier Fontán Muiños
Developer