[one-users] How to reboot a host without migrating the VMs running on it?

Gerry O'Brien gerry at scss.tcd.ie
Tue Jan 21 05:12:24 PST 2014

Hi,

     Is there any recommended way to reboot a host without migrating the
VM from it to another host?

     The issue I have is that I need to reboot all the hosts but as they
are running a lot of large Windows images (up 100GB) the logistics of
live migration if complicated.

     Can the image be put into a recommended state and resumes after the
host has restarted. I've tried shuting down the VM but this doesn't seem
to work. Maybe it is aWindows issue.

         Regards,
             Gerry

--
Gerry O'Brien

Systems Manager
School of Computer Science and Statistics
Trinity College Dublin
Dublin 2
IRELAND

00 353 1 896 1341