[one-users] Recommended size for OS image

ML mail mlnospam at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 17 12:25:50 PST 2014

Hello,

I am creating a few OS images in qcow2 format of various Linux distributions for my OpenNebula 4.4 installation and was wondering what image size would you recommend? I see mostly images being between 5 to 10 GB.

Another related question: let's say I am happy with my VM deployment and want to make it more permanent doing a snapshot and making that snapshot persistant or marking the OS image directly persistant but in both cases I am stuck with a deployment of an disk which if 5 GB big, is there any way to resize it through sunstone? or do I need to decide beforehand during my initial image creation (qemu-img) for the right size?

Regards,
M.L.