[one-users] OpenNebula node package broke sudo?

Bradfield, James James.Bradfield at njvc.com
Thu Jan 9 12:26:29 PST 2014

Ran the yum package installer for opennebula-node-kvm on a remote RHEL 6 box last thing yesterday before leaving, finished the install, and logged out. Logged back into the same machine today and got the following error dump whenever I tried to use sudo:

sudo: >>> /etc/sudoers.d/opennebula: Alias `ONE_MISC' already defined near line 4 <<<
sudo: >>> /etc/sudoers.d/opennebula: Alias `ONE_NET' already defined near line 4 <<<
sudo: >>> /etc/sudoers.d/opennebula: Alias `ONE_LVM' already defined near line 4 <<<
sudo: >>> /etc/sudoers.d/opennebula: Alias `ONE_ISCSI' already defined near line 4 <<<
sudo: >>> /etc/sudoers.d/opennebula: Alias `ONE_OVS' already defined near line 4 <<<
sudo: >>> /etc/sudoers.d/opennebula: Alias `ONE_XEN' already defined near line 4 <<<
sudo: parse error in /etc/sudoers.d/opennebula near line 4
sudo: no valid sudoers sources found, quitting
sudo: unable to initialize policy plugin

Clearly some duplicate definitions got created during the install process (not sure how, I’m like 99% sure these machines didn't have OpenNebula on them at any point before); unfortunately, I can’t sudo to fix it (since sudo is broken, obviously), don’t have the root password, and can't boot recovery since it’s a remote box (and I can't reboot the box from command line anyway since I don't have sudo). I’ve contacted the local IT guy who should be able to fix it easily, but I groused about it on Twitter and got asked to send this into the mailing list, so here you go.

Jim Bradfield
Software Engineer Associate, Chief Technology Office
NJVC, LLC

T 703.429.9498 | M 540.230.5571 | james.bradfield at njvc.com
14295 Park Meadow Drive, Chantilly, VA 20151
www.njvc.com