[one-users] Issue with Cloud View

Daniel Molina dmolina at opennebula.org
Fri Feb 21 02:07:30 PST 2014

Hi Kiran,

The problem is how you define the view for the new group. In the
sunstone-views.yaml you can define views in three different ways, per user,
per group and the default one; and they will be selected in that order:
https://github.com/OpenNebula/one/blob/master/src/sunstone/models/SunstoneViews.rb#L51

Therefore you have three sections in the sunstone-view.yaml:

groups:
users:
default:

inside the groups and users section you can define more than one user or
group

groups:
    developers:
    testers:
users:
    dev_admin:
    dev_user:

and inside each user, group or default key you have to add the views
available:

groups:
    developers:
        - admin
    testers:
        - cloud
users:
    dev_admin:
        - admin
    dev_user:
        - user
default:
    - user

Hope this helps. We are changing this behaviour for the next release, and
you will be able to assign views from sunstone when you create a new group
or user.

Cheers

On 18 February 2014 16:57, kiran ranjane <kiran.ranjane at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> It seems that the document is not updated or I am missing something while
> configuring Cloud View in Sunstone.
>
> I followed this link to setup cloud view and it do not work, there are few
> things missing on the document
>

> http://docs.opennebula.org/stable/administration/sunstone_gui/cloud_view.html
>
> If I open the file sunstone-views.yaml, there seems to be a group called
> as default and it that the user view.
>
> When I create a new group and give that view cloud view in the above file,
> then restart sunstone, create new user and add that user to the new group
> created and login with the new user By Default it goes to USER VIEW
>
> Example of the entry
>
> groups:
>     oneadmin:
>         - admin
>         - vdcadmin
>         - user
>         - cloud
> default:
>     - user
> clouduser
>     - cloud
>
> Now when I remove -user from the default view and add cloud in there and
> then login with the new user it goes to cloud view.
>
> -- I have added the new user to clouduser group and removed user group
> from new user, restarted sunstone and still it goes to user view.
>
> I tried above document 2 twice and it seems that there is something
> missing in the document and something has changed between 4.0 to 4.4
> version.
>

> Thanks and Regards
> Kiran Ranjane

Daniel Molina