[one-users] Adding test system datastore

Stefan Kooman stefan at bit.nl
Mon Feb 17 07:52:42 PST 2014

Quoting Daniel Dehennin (daniel.dehennin at baby-gnu.org):
> Stefan Kooman <stefan at bit.nl> writes:
>

> [...]
>
> > You can, in your vm template you can put the following:
> >
> > SCHED_DS_REQUIREMENTS="NAME=NAMEOFYOURTESTDATASTORE". All other DS'es
> > will be filtered out.
>
> This will force a VM to use this one when it have this
> SCHED_DS_REQUIREMENTS, but what about all other VMs which do not have
> any requirements set?
>
> As far as I understand, they will use it too.

They might use it. It depends on the policy set on the DS (packing,
striping or custom) [1]. You have to set the requirement on each and
every vm (template) to make sure they end up in the correct datastore.
See sched.log to see what priorities your datastores end up with. Our
datastores end up with the same priority and the first one in the list
gets chosen.

Gr. Stefan

[1]:
http://docs.opennebula.org/stable/administration/storage/system_ds.html?highlight=system%20datastores