[one-users] ldap auth without automatic user creation

Nicolas Bélan nicolas.belan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 04:01:46 PST 2014

Thank you for the explanation.

I am trying to detail more the steps I am using.

I have a LDAP tree with users (eg foobar user).
I will setup a VM in one-4.4 and I would like to assign it to foobar.
But, foobar does not exists yet in one (especially sunstone) until
foobar logged in, right ?
So, I would like to add it before any login, and assign its VM to its
user id. So, I create a foobar user (same UID as LDAP) in one.

But, If I create with "oneuser foobar" and set its auth engine to LDAP,
it seems that one do no find it.
It creates a new User ID when foobar logs in. (In fact, if I understand,
it finds the ldap one, and display it without any search in one users DB).
I have two users with the same ID (but numeric ID different), the LDAP
one and the ONE-4.4 one ( :-) ). Which seems "right" with your description.

Is there a way to "map" the oneuser foobar and the ldap one ? or to
"link" both ?

To be clear, I would like to authentify the one user to LDAP, but only
auth may be externalized to ldap.

Thank you
Nicolas