[one-users] Sunstone with nginx as reverse-proxy - server exception

Daniel Dehennin daniel.dehennin at baby-gnu.org
Thu Feb 6 02:13:27 PST 2014

Daniel Molina <dmolina at opennebula.org> writes:

> On 4 February 2014 17:58, ML mail <mlnospam at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> I have found out the problem with the 403 forbidden errors, I needed to
>> pass the following HTTP headers in my nginx reverse proxy configuration:
>>
>>                 proxy_set_header        X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
>>                 proxy_set_header        X-Forwarded-For
>> $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
>>                 proxy_set_header        Host $http_host;
>>

> Great, could you share with the list how did you configure nginx and
> sunstone, and the whole configuration?

Personnaly I added a “client_max_body_size” to upload images:

#+begin_src conf
  # /etc/nginx/sites-available/opennebula-sunstone
  # Please see /usr/share/doc/nginx-doc/examples/ for more detailed examples.
  ##

  upstream sunstone {
          server 127.0.0.1:9869;
  }

  server {
          listen 80 default_server;
          listen [::]:80 default_server ipv6only=on;

          root /usr/share/nginx/html;
          index index.html index.htm;

          server_name nebula.baby-gnu.net;

          access_log  /var/log/nginx/opennebula-sunstone-access.log;
          error_log  /var/log/nginx/opennebula-sunstone-error.log;

          # To upload ISO files, must be increased for VMs images
          client_max_body_size 1G;

          location / {
                  include proxy_params;
                  proxy_pass http://sunstone;