[one-users] (no subject)

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Wed Feb 5 01:58:13 PST 2014

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 6:09 PM, Deepak Upadhyay <syssolutions99 at gmail.com>
 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to Opennebula and Linux based virtualization in general so please
> bear with me.
>
> I was able to successfully follow the the instructions and install
> Opennebula and create a VM as instructed in the quick start guide. However,
> when I shutdown the VM for a while, it disappeared. How do I get it back?

Because of legacy reasons, the shutdown command is really a
shutdown+destroy. To shutdown and later boot a VM, you need to use the
'poweroff' or the 'undeploy' commands [1].

Poweroff will leave the VM in the host, so the next *boot* will be
immediate. Undeploy will move the VM back to the system datastore, and can
be *resumed* later to any of the hosts.

Regards

[1]
http://docs.opennebula.org/stable/user/virtual_resource_management/vm_guide_2.html#terminating-vm-instances