[one-users] HOWTO: various questions about open nebula

Paolo Di Francesco paolo.difrancesco at level7.it
Sun Feb 23 04:10:57 PST 2014

Hi All

I am wondering if there are such functionalities in opennebula:

1) backup a virtual machine without shutting it down (usually, do a
snapshoot and then back it up)
2) as previous, but possibly storing it in a zipped file, I mean if the
virtual HD is empty (all ZERO) why should I keep 120GB of ZEROs? :)
3) incremental backup
4) live cloning (as before, just do it without stopping it)
5) virtual machine replication: what happens if one node goes down ? is
there something similiar to vmotion or I should afford to underlaying
layer to have the "vmotion" capabilities?

Thank you
--

Ing. Paolo Di Francesco

Level7 s.r.l. unipersonale

Sede operativa: Largo Montalto, 5 - 90144 Palermo

C.F. e P.IVA  05940050825
Fax : +39-091-8772072
assistenza: (+39) 091-8776432
web: http://www.level7.it