[one-users] Adding test system datastore

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Thu Feb 20 04:10:17 PST 2014

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 4:42 PM, Stefan Kooman <stefan at bit.nl> wrote:

> Quoting Carlos Martín Sánchez (cmartin at opennebula.org):
> > Hi there,
> >
> > Maybe we could try to replicate the 'onehost disable' behaviour.
> > That is, a disabled system DS would be ignored by the scheduler, but you
> > can still deploy VMs manually there.
>
> I think this would support Daniel's use case. But how do you deploy a VM
> manually? I.e how do you by-pass the scheduler (except by creating a
> "WILD" vm)?

You can use the onevm deploy command, or the sunstone button.
To avoid the scheduler being quicker than you, pending VMs can be put on
hold. Or use the onetemplate instantiate --hold option.

> At the moment the multi DS support is configured at template level. From a
> "system" perspective it would be nice to be able to control which
> datastore gets used. For example filter on user, group, vm template
> attributes, etc. At least we have a use case for this (seperate "Qtree"
> per datastore for IO billing). It proably makes the scheduler's life
> more complicated :(.

So, basically adding ACL rules to grant deployment rights for each system
DS, right?

>  > What do you think? Should I open a ticket for this?
>
> Yes, it's definitely useful.

Done:
http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/2738

 --