[one-users] SPICE support

Javier Fontan jfontan at opennebula.org
Thu Feb 6 09:03:21 PST 2014

Hi,

It seems that to make SPICE useful some more parameters are needed,
like the graphics card or USBs. There is an open ticket by Daniel
Dehennin [1] with some useful parameters. Like this example:

--8<------
    <devices>
        <video>
            <model type='qxl' heads='1'/>
        </video>
             <sound model='ich6' />
        <channel type='spicevmc'>
            <target type='virtio' name='com.redhat.spice.0'/>
        </channel>
        <redirdev bus='usb' type='spicevmc'/>
        <redirdev bus='usb' type='spicevmc'/>
        <redirdev bus='usb' type='spicevmc'/>
    </devices>
------>8--

The proposed solution is adding an special raw parameter that is
automatically added when SPICE is selected. Another option is having a
predefined set of options that can be configured like the number of
USBs or the sound card model.

I am not used to SPICE and can not set the parameters more used nor
understand values like the channel name (is it always the same?).

Could you help me selecting which parameters should we add? Do you
prefer a RAW like value where to add anything you want?

Cheers

[1] http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/2485

--
Javier Fontán Muiños