[one-users] netkvm driver not working in Windows 8 64bit

Hüning, Christian Christian.Huening at haw-hamburg.de
Wed Dec 3 06:24:10 PST 2014

Hi everybody,

I have a problem to get the netkvm virtio driver up and running in a freshly
installed Windows 8 64bit installation. When I start up the VM it recognizes
and installs the networks card as a realteak card. When I then change the
driver to the latest virtio netkvm driver from Red Hat, Windows wants to
restart and then tells me it couldn’t initialize the network card.

It’s weird because I used the drivers without problems in Windows Server
2012 VMs on the same installation.

Does anybody know what the problem could be?

Cheers,

Christian

Christian Hüning, BSc.

Fakultät Technik und Informatik, Department Informatik

Berliner Tor 7

20099 Hamburg

Tel.: +49 40 / 42875 - 8436

Mobil: +49 40 / 180 55 44 5