[one-users] Information about image size (oneimage list)

Paulo A L Rego pauloalr.alu at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 12:28:07 PDT 2014

Hello all,

I downloaded two imagens from marketplace (Ubuntu 14.04 and CentOS 7.0).
Both images disk size are + - 1 GB, with 10G virtual size..
Using "qemu-img info" something like this appears...
file format: qcow2
virtual size: 10G (10737418240 bytes)
disk size: *919M*
All good for these two images.

The problem is: I created my own image of Ubuntu using vmbuilder with a 30
GB hard disk...The image disk size is 1 GB too. This is the "qemu-img info":
file format: qcow2
virtual size: *31G* (33555480576 bytes)
disk size: 1.0G

However, when i use "oneimage list"...the images downloaded from
marketplace appear occupying quite lower space.
Actually, they are occupying exactly the "disk size", and my image seems to
be occupying the "virtual size".

$ oneimage list
  ID USER       GROUP      NAME                DATASTORE     SIZE   TYPE
PER STAT RVMS
   0 oneadmin   oneadmin   UbuntuServer-14     qcow               *1.1G*
OS     No rdy     0
   2 oneadmin   oneadmin   UbuntuServer-12     qcow               *31.3G*
OS     No rdy     0
   3 oneadmin   oneadmin   CentOS-7.0_x86_   qcow               *919M*  OS
    No rdy     0

Whats is going on? How can i make my image "occupy" less space too?

Ps:. My datastore is using qcow driver.

Thanks a lot!