[one-users] migration of ceph images

Randy Smith rbsmith at adams.edu
Mon Aug 25 07:50:02 PDT 2014

Greetings,

I'm running an existing cluster with libvirt and ceph that I'm looking to
move to OpenNebula. I would like to import my existing ceph images without
doing the import/export dance, primarily because I have a few multi-TB
images. Is there a way to create a persistent image that points to the
existing ceph image?

Failing that, would the following work?

- Create a new persistent image on a ceph data store
- Using the ceph tools, delete the newly created one-X rbd.
- Use the ceph tools to rename the existing rbd to the one-X name created
in the first step

Thanks

--
Randall Smith