[one-users] Full system datastore

pawel.orzechowski at budikom.net pawel.orzechowski at budikom.net
Tue Aug 12 23:25:09 PDT 2014

Hi,

Again, does anybody has some ideas about this. We need to recreate all
VM's and it is not solution for production environment (good that it was
just a begining of migration from XenServer) .

Here are the steps we did:

 	* no machine can be run because ON says that system data store is full
(it shows it has 500GB instead of 7GB),
 	* we stopped all the VM's and then restarted frontend - it did not
helped
 	* the we restarted kvm - it did not helped
 	* we deleted this 500GB /var/tmp/8d187572e1d5ec159420701f9177150c file
- again machines were unable to start
 	* so we deleted VMs and created them again - good they had a template,
but unfortunately now the VM's got new IP addresses so it blocked access
to them from outside world due to firewall rules
 	* now after above steps system datastore has magically moved to
frontend and has again correct capacity of 7GB

So the questions now:

 	* how can system datastore move from frontend to kvm? Can it be moved
manually?
 	* what is the system datastore used for?
 	* wouldn't it be better if system datastore be placed on ceph and is
it possible that it can be placed on ceph?

Regards

Pawel

---

Paweł Orzechowski