[one-users] occi NETWORK_UNAME missing - network not working ?

Matthias Auer mail at matthias-auer.net
Fri Aug 8 01:37:00 PDT 2014

We're using OpenNebula 3.8.1.

While instances created using the webgui have a working network - when I
create instances using occi they get an ip address and run but they
can't be reached.

here is the curl command (created by libcloud) :

curl -i -X POST -H 'Host: localhost:4567' -H 'Accept-Encoding:
gzip,deflate' -H 'X-LC-Request-ID: 29837936' -H 'Content-Length: 167' -H
'Authorization: Basic
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX' -H 'User-Agent:
libcloud/0.14.1 (OpenNebula (v3.2)) ' --data-binary
'<COMPUTE><NAME>Compute
Instance</NAME><INSTANCE_TYPE>small</INSTANCE_TYPE><DISK><STORAGE
href="/storage/2" /></DISK><NIC><NETWORK href="/network/11"
/></NIC></COMPUTE>' --compress http://localhost:4567/compute

if I look at the VM template of the instance in the webgui, the
difference between a webgui instance and the one created using occi is
the following (otherwise the correct network etc.. is used) :

NIC :

 NETWORK_UNAME oneadmin

some other stuff like VNC is missing etc... if I could add vnc that
would be great, but it is not as essential as getting a functioning
network

is missing in the occi instance.

I think that's the problem, but how to solve it (my username is NOT
oneadmin !) ?

maybe somethwing with the /etc/one/occi_templates/network.erb file ?

but there is nothing about a NETWORK_UNAME in the documentation :
http://archives.opennebula.org/documentation:rel4.4:vnet_template

here the network monitoring information from the webgui :

		MONITORING INFORMATION

 		Net_TX
 		0

 		Net_RX