[one-users] Contextualization

Javier Fontan jfontan at opennebula.org
Tue Apr 22 01:33:30 PDT 2014

You can register the context package in the files datastore and then
add it to the context. To mount the context CD you can execute:

# mount -L CONTEXT /mnt

And install the package from there.

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 9:00 AM, Christophe Duez
<christophe.duez at student.uantwerpen.be> wrote:
> Owkey I tried. but I can't get through the internet so I cant download the
> contextualization stuff.
> any other solutions?
> or solutions why it is that I can't connect through the internet?
>

> On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 1:50 PM, Duez Christophe
> <christophe.duez at student.uantwerpen.be> wrote:
>>
>> So what I have to do if I understand correctly:
>> Create a template in OpenNebula (pastbin template layout)
>>
>>> TEMPLATE 13 INFORMATION
>>> ID             : 13
>>> NAME           : empty install template
>>> USER           : oneadmin
>>> GROUP          : oneadmin
>>> REGISTER TIME  : 04/16 14:49:35
>>> PERMISSIONS
>>> OWNER          : um-
>>> GROUP          : ---
>>> OTHER          : ---
>>> TEMPLATE CONTENTS
>>> CONTEXT=[
>>>   NETWORK="YES",
>>>   SSH_PUBLIC_KEY="$USER[SSH_PUBLIC_KEY]" ]
>>> CPU="1"
>>> DISK=[
>>>   IMAGE="CD Centos 6.5 Minimal",
>>>   IMAGE_UNAME="oneadmin" ]
>>> DISK=[
>>>   IMAGE="empty disc",
>>>   IMAGE_UNAME="oneadmin" ]
>>> GRAPHICS=[
>>>   KEYMAP="fr-be",
>>>   LISTEN="0.0.0.0",
>>>   TYPE="VNC" ]
>>> MEMORY="1024"
>>> NIC=[
>>>   IP="146.175.139.60" ]
>>> OS=[
>>>   ARCH="x86_64",
>>>   BOOT="cdrom" ]
>>

>> Start the VM with this template.
>> Install the OS
>> Open VNC
>>
>> vi /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0DEVICE=eth0
>>>
>>> TYPE=Ethernet
>>> ONBOOT=yes
>>> NM_CONTROLLED=no
>>> BOOTPROTO=static
>>> IPADDR=146.175.139.60
>>>
>>> NETMASK=255.255.255.0
>>

>> Then install the contextualization.
>>
>> shutdown the VM
>>
>> Make the Image un-persistent
>>
>> Ready?
>>

>> On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 11:53 PM, Anthony Francis - Handy Networks LLC
>> <anthony at handynetworks.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> The simplest way when you are creating a new template is to make one VM
>>> from the template while the image is persistent, manually assign the IP
>>> information to the VM via VNC, spice or what have you, then install all the
>>> base software including the contextualization package. Then clean up the
>>> logs etc, destroy the Vm, set the image back to no-persistant and your
>>> contextualization will work when you make new VM’s based on the image.
>>> --
>>> Anthony Francis
>>> Hosting Support Manager
>>> HandyNetworks LLC
>>> http://www.handynetworks.com/
>>> 303-414-6904
>>>
>>> From: Christophe Duez <christophe.duez at student.uantwerpen.be>
>>> Date: Thursday, April 17, 2014 at 5:30 AM
>>> To: Valentin Bud <valentin.bud at gmail.com>
>>> Cc: opennebula <users at lists.opennebula.org>
>>> Subject: Re: [one-users] Contextualization
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>> Thank you for the extensive responds
>>> This is what I did and where I got stuck:

>>> can you explain the boot parth of the whole process?
>>> and is this right what i did so far?

>>> --
>>> Kind regards,
>>> Duez Christophe
>>> Student at University of Antwerp :
>>> Master of Industrial Sciences: Electronics-ICT
>>>
>>> E christophe.duez at student.uantwperen.be
>>> L linkedin duez-christophe
>>

>> --
>> Kind regards,
>> Duez Christophe
>> Student at University of Antwerp :
>> Master of Industrial Sciences: Electronics-ICT
>>
>> E christophe.duez at student.uantwperen.be
>> L linkedin duez-christophe
>

> --
> Kind regards,
> Duez Christophe
> Student at University of Antwerp :
> Master of Industrial Sciences: Electronics-ICT
>
> E christophe.duez at student.uantwperen.be
> L linkedin duez-christophe

Javier Fontán Muiños
Developer