[one-users] OpenNebula ceph snapshots problem.

Javier Fontan jfontan at opennebula.org
Mon Apr 21 01:51:17 PDT 2014

System snapshot is only supported in KVM for qcow2 disks [1] so it
won't work with your ceph datastore. If you want to use system
snapshots and copy on write use the qcow2 datastore [2].

Cheers

[1] http://docs.opennebula.org/4.4/user/virtual_resource_management/vm_guide_2.html#snapshotting
[2] http://docs.opennebula.org/4.4/administration/storage/fs_ds.html#using-the-qcow2-transfer-driver

On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 5:18 PM, Leszek Master <keksior at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1) I'm using OpenNebula 4.4 with ceph datastore. When i try to make snapshot
> i've got error:
>
> error: unsupported configuration: internal checkpoints require at least one
> disk to be selected for snapshot
>
> I'm using qcow2 images converted by opennebula to raw when uploaded. Can
> anyone help me ?
>
> 2) Also is there any way to schedule everyday snapshots of the vm ?
>
> 3) Is there any way to use copy-on-write in opennebula 4.4 ?

Javier Fontán Muiños
Developer
www.OpenNebula.org | @OpenNebula | github.com/jfontan