[one-users] Contextualization

Valentin Bud valentin.bud at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 02:17:54 PDT 2014

Hello Christophe,

Does your VM have a local network connection with the host or any other
computer in your local network? If that's the case you can finish the
installation,
reboot, connect to the VM via SSH, scp the contextualization package from
a local computer that is in the same network or has access to the network
the VM
is part of.

If you don't have VM network connectivity at all, the process I know of is
a little
bit tedious but doable.

Export the libvirt xml of the VM from the host, stop the VM, undefine the
domain.
Configure the xml to mount a local folder from the host inside the VM [1].
Somehow
deliver the context package in that folder. Define the domain using your
crafted XML,
boot the machine, VNC to it, mount the shared folder in the host and
install the deb/rpm.

Are you somehow building a Debian image? If so try out bootstrap-vz, a
bootstraping
framework for Debian specifically targeted at bootstrapping systems for
virtualized
environments.

[1]: http://libvirt.org/formatdomain.html#elementsFilesystems

Best,
Valentin

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 11:29 AM, Christophe Duez <
christophe.duez at student.uantwerpen.be> wrote:

> Hello,
> I followed this video from your youtube channel Bootstrapping OpenNebula
> 3.4 and creating a VM from scratch<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQP4NQQ9NSI>.
> I did this with the OpenNebula 4.4.1.
> Almost at the end they say you have to follow the documentation to setup
> contextualization.
> I searched the documentation and found out there are 2 ways:
>

>>    - Install from our repositories package *one-context* in
>>    Ubuntu/Debian or *opennebula-context* in CentOS/RedHat. Instructions
>>    to add the repository at the installation guide<http://docs.opennebula.org/4.4/design_and_installation/building_your_cloud/ignc.html#ignc>
>>    .
>>    - Download and install the package for your distribution:
>>       - DEB<http://dev.opennebula.org/attachments/download/750/one-context_4.4.0.deb>:
>>       Compatible with Ubuntu 11.10 to 13.04 and Debian Squeeze
>>       - RPM<http://dev.opennebula.org/attachments/download/747/one-context_4.4.0.rpm>:
>>       Compatible with CentOS and RHEL 6.x
>>

>  Now the problem that I have is the following...
> Without internet connection downloading the one-context package from the
> repository is impossible, right?
> And downloading the Package directly isn't possible either, is it not?
> So how do I enable/install the contextualization?
>
> Please help me...
>
> --
> Kind regards,
> Duez Christophe