[one-users] one running in vm

Ruben S. Montero rsmontero at opennebula.org
Wed Apr 16 07:56:38 PDT 2014

Hi

It seems that the problem is related to scheduling, note that once you
assign a Datastore (images and system both are needed) to a cluster,
OpenNebula will only allocate VMs to hosts in that cluster (so they are
assumed to be configure with access to the datastores and networks in the
cluster)

So could you double check that hosts, datastores and networks are in
ifx_cluster? From the log they need to be in cluster 101

Cheers

On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 2:11 AM, Neil Schneider <neil at ifxonline.com> wrote:

> Update. I switched from using iscsi to nfs. Same problem. Sunstone shows
> the mounted file system. Then when I try to instantiate a host, the
> Sunstone forgets all about the mounted system datastore and then I get the
> error.
>
>  Apr 15 16:52:45 2014 : No system datastore meets SCHED_DS_REQUIREMENTS:
> CLUSTER_ID = 101 & !(PUBLIC_CLOUD = YES)
>
> Is there a problem with Sunstone that it can't deal with nfs or iscsi
> mounted file systems? Or has it something to do with mounting two
> filesystems at the same time?
>
> I've been googling until my fingers bleed and I'm unable to find any
> information about how to fix this problem?
>
> Sure could use  some help with this problem, or at least a link to
> information.
>
> BTW, I'm running OpenNebula 4.4. It's running on a host and virtual
> machine running CentOS 6.5.
>
> On Tue, April 15, 2014 12:24 pm, Neil Schneider wrote:
> > I have OpenNebula running inside a virtual machine on a host, where I'm
> > provisioning other VMs. According to what I read in the docs this is a
> > standard implementation. I'm having a couple of issues. Some I was able
> > resolve by changing file ownership.
> >
> > Here's my setup.
> >
> > cloud1:
> > # uname -a
> > Linux cloud1 2.6.32-431.5.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Feb 12 00:41:43 UTC
> 2014
> > x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
> >
> > [root at cloud1]# cat /etc/tgt/targets.conf
> >
> > default-driver iscsi
> >
> > <target ign.2014-03-26.com.ifxintranet:cloud1.target1>
> >         direct-store /dev/sda5 # LUN 1
> >         direct-store /dev/sda6  # LUN 2
> >         write-cache off
> >         vendor_id IFXOnline
> >         initiator-address 10.1.2.3
> >         incominguser IFX_iscsi OaKa3jei
> > </target>
> >
> > As you can see I've configured the host as an iscsi target.
> >
> > Here's the opennebula vm.
> >
> > [root at opennebula ~]# cat /etc/iscsi/initiatorname.iscsi
> > InitiatorName=ign.2014-03-26.com.ifxintranet:cloud1
> >
> > [root at opennebula ~]# df -h
> > Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
> > /dev/mapper/vg_opennebula-lv_root
> >                        17G   13G  3.2G  81% /
> > tmpfs                 1.1G     0  1.1G   0% /dev/shm
> > /dev/vda1             485M   54M  406M  12% /boot
> > /dev/sda1             193G  188M  183G   1% /var/lib/one/datastores/110
> > /dev/sdb1             193G  2.7G  180G   2% /var/lib/one/datastores/1
> >
> > And I've test from the host, everything  works fine.
> > /var/lib/one/datastores/110 is a system datastore. However from the web
> > interface of sunstone the disk space is wrong.
> >
> > 110 only shows 38.4GB disk space with 30.4GB used.
> > /var/lib/one/datastores/1 shows 12.4GB used of 192.2GB total space. They
> > should both have the same size of disk. I created the LUNS from same
> sized
> > disks on the host.

> [...]

Ruben S. Montero, PhD
Project co-Lead and Chief Architect