[one-users] opennebula + KVM + openvswitch + openflow controller

Marco Fanti marco.fanti at studenti.polito.it
Mon Apr 14 09:36:32 PDT 2014

> The connection between openvswitch and floodlight controller is on
> different ethernet port (eth1).
>
> Regards, Rolandas
>
> I understand that, but I wanted to say a different concept.
If you look the scripts in /var/lib/one/remotes/vnm/ovswitch/, you see that
ovs-vsctl and ovs-ofctl are used to configure the bridge when a VM is
attached. That is the openvswitch driver of opennebula.
What I want to say is that probably you cannot connect the bridge to the
controller, because it is already controlled and managed directly by these
scripts.
I think this question should be written on the developer mailing list,
because I'm not sure if I'm right, but I think that for you there is the
need to create a "floodlight driver", to control the bridge instead of use
the openvswitch driver.
I hope this time I was clear and right :D