[one-users] How to interrogate the scheduler

Carlo Daffara carlo.daffara at cloudweavers.eu
Mon Apr 14 06:07:02 PDT 2014

There is actually already a scheduler that does it, it uses the "packing policy":
Packing Policy

    Target: Minimize the number of cluster nodes in use
    Heuristic: Pack the VMs in the cluster nodes to reduce VM fragmentation
    Implementation: Use those nodes with more VMs running first

RANK = RUNNING_VMS

( http://archives.opennebula.org/documentation:rel4.4:schg#packing_policy )
cheers,
Carlo Daffara