[one-users] opennebula + KVM + openvswitch + openflow controller

Rolandas Naujikas rolandas.naujikas at mif.vu.lt
Mon Apr 14 02:57:57 PDT 2014

On 2014-04-14 10:52, Marco Fanti wrote:
> You should give more information about your setup.
> What openflow controller are you using?

Floodlight (from http://www.projectfloodlight.org/) in default
configuration (tried also learning switch config).

> And the controller is controlling only the physical switches or also the
> OpenVSwitches? (I think this last option is not possible without a lot
> of work)

Physical switches are IBM EN4093R (10Gb) and connected with openflow to
the same floodlight controller. openvswitch is of 1.4.2 in Debian 7.4.

# ovs-vsctl show
8505aff4-42e3-48c2-9173-fa0fbe5caeb3
     Bridge "br0"
         Controller "tcp:192.168.42.68:6633"
             is_connected: true
         Port "eth0"
             Interface "eth0"

br0 have IP, eth0 have no IP.

With floodlight in forwarding mode I have connectivity between
hypervisor nodes (with IP of br0) and to storage nodes (for iSCSI), but
VMs on different nodes doesn't see each other.

Regards, Rolandas