[one-users] OpenNebula and OVA files support

Alvaro Simon asimon at cesga.es
Thu Apr 10 07:16:55 PDT 2014

Dear all

We are playing around with OVA files, some of them have VMDK version 3
imges inside,  when you include a OVA file with oneimage, ON untar the
file and creates a directory into the datastore, the question is if it
will be suported the VMDK image conversion in ON in the future. I see
that it exists a APP from appmarket to perform this action but It will
be included into ON by default? We want to convert VMDK version 3 images
to qcow or raw files to be used by KVM and this will help us to convert
image files automatically. unfortunately old qemu-img versions does not
support VMDK version 3 (in centos 6 as example).

Cheers and thanks!
Alvaro