[one-users] ubuntu 14.04 as image - no network on first boot

ML mail mlnospam at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 23 11:26:39 PDT 2014

Hello,

I just generated a KVM qcow2 image for the new Ubuntu Server 14.04 LTS release. I usually prepare my images by simply installing the the ONE context package (http://dev.opennebula.org/attachments/download/768/one-context_4.5.0.deb) which I also did for this image.

Now when I deploy a VM using this image on the very first boot the network is not working, although the /etc/network/interafaces gets correctly setup by the ONE context package an "ifconfig eth0" shows no IP addresses assigned to the interface. Also a "service networking restart" does not work. The only workaround I found for now is to reboot the VM, then networking works correctly.

Is it possible that this is an issue related to the ONE context package? or simply some new networking code that Ubuntu 14.04 might have added or modified?

Regards
ML