[one-users] [Datastores] Image Datastore has no size

Eloi - CODE42 eloi at code42.fr
Wed Apr 23 00:57:33 PDT 2014

Hi everyone.

I can't possibly upload an image to OpenNebula because my Image Datastore size is non-existent (not empty, non-existent, like 0MB).
I'm new to OpenNebula and installed it  by following the QuickStart guide for WMware : http://docs.opennebula.org/4.4/design_and_installation/quick_starts/qs_centos_vmware.html

Here is the configuration of the two datastores I created :

Datastore 0
SHARED      YES
BASE_PATH   /vmfs/volumes
TYPE        SYSTEM_DS
TM_MAD      vmfs

Datastore 1
LN_TARGET         NONE
BASE_PATH         /vmfs/volumes
TYPE              IMAGE_DS
DS_MAD            vmfs
CLONE_TARGET      SYSTEM
DISK_TYPE         FILE
BRIDGE_LIST       172.20.10.12
TM_MAD            vmfs

Here is a screencap from sunstone Dashboard:
[cid:image001.jpg at 01CF5EDA.716D3E60]
As you can see it is showing a third datastore named "file" with filesystem type. I can't, however, upload anything on that one because the wizard in the  Create Image section won't let me choose any other datastores than the "defaults" one, which is the Image one, and has no space at all.

On the ESX host, the DataStores are mounted and seems to be working fine :
[cid:image002.png at 01CF5EDA.716D3E60]

I tried to upload and .iso via ESX on Datastore "1". That worked, but in opennebula display it has being placed on the datastore 2 (as you can see on the previous screencap, there is a 2.2GB space used on datastore 2).
Therefore I think there might be a confusion between the Image & Files Datastores in OpenNebula.

Any idea of what could be the roots of the problem ? And besides that, how could I solve this ? Should I recreate new datastores, and mount them on the ESX? If yes, how should I proceed ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Eloi Guillaud - Code42