[one-users] data store not created in VMHosts

Jaime Melis jmelis at opennebula.org
Fri Apr 4 04:53:54 PDT 2014

Hi Hyun,

I've looked at this issue and you're completely right. If
/var/lib/one/datastores does not exist in the VMHost it will report that it
doesn't have free space and therefore it will never deploy the VM, which
means that the directory will never be created, which is a Catch 22.

We haven't noticed this earlier because usually people share
/var/lib/one/datastores and therefore you don't hit this issue. And people
using SSH and upgrading from earlier version will not hit it because in
previous pervious the disk capacity wasn't checked so it always created the
directory.

Long story short, bug confirmed, applying patch to monitor_ds.sh

Thanks for the heads up.

Cheers,
Jaime

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 11:25 AM, Carlos Martín Sánchez <
cmartin at opennebula.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 7:40 PM, Hyun Woo Kim <hyunwoo at fnal.gov> wrote:
>
>>  If HostXML::test_ds_capacity only creates  $DATASTORE_LOCATION/<id>
>> assuming  $DATASTORE_LOCATION itself exists,
>> my next question here might be,
>> which code creates  $DATASTORE_LOCATION itself and when?
>>
>>  I don't think I missed an instruction to create  $DATASTORE_LOCATION
>> manually in the ON documentation..
>> i.e.  $DATASTORE_LOCATION must be created by ON codes (maybe) during the
>> first VM deployment.
>>
>>  But like I described in the original email, our test ON4.4  fails at
>> this.
>>
>>  Hyunwoo Kim
>> FermiCloud
>>

> The $DATASTORE_LOCATION/<id> dir is created by the tm drivers on the first
> deployment, using the ssh_make_path function (mkdir -p). As I said, I think
> the problem is not the dir creation, is with the mechanism to decide the
> first deployment on a new host.
>
> Regards
>
> --
> Carlos Martín, MSc
> Project Engineer
> OpenNebula - Flexible Enterprise Cloud Made Simple
> www.OpenNebula.org <http://www.opennebula.org/> | cmartin at opennebula.org
>  | @OpenNebula <http://twitter.com/opennebula>

Jaime Melis
www.OpenNebula.org | jmelis at opennebula.org