[one-users] Migration question: (new fields in ONE Templates)

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Thu Apr 3 02:08:11 PDT 2014

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 8:08 PM, Steven Timm <timm at fnal.gov> wrote:

> I am in early stages of testing out a new ONe 4.4 installation and
> I am finding that there are some mandatory changes to the template syntax.
> PORT=-1 for VNC  no longer allowed,  CPU, once optional, now required, and
> a few other changes.
>
> My question for those of you who have done the upgrade from version 3.x
> (any version ) using the upgrade
> scripts:  does it do the fixes for all the templates that are in
> template_pool of the database so that they conform to the new syntax, or
> are you on your own for that?
>
> Steve Timm

> Steven C. Timm, Ph.D  (630) 840-8525
> timm at fnal.gov  http://home.fnal.gov/~timm/
> Fermilab Scientific Computing Division, Scientific Computing Services Quad.
> Grid and Cloud Services Dept., Associate Dept. Head for Cloud Computing

Those changes you mention are not performed by the upgrade scripts.
For the first migrator files, we focused on adding new fields required so
OpenNebula doesn't crash and existing VMs keep working; assuming that the
admin would want to modify the Templates to be aware of the changes.

After some feedback, we started to update also the Templates. For example,
all REQUIREMENTS attributes inside a Template are now renamed to
SCHED_REQUIREMENTS.

But we've been thinking of providing a tool to modify the DB contents more
easily in batch. Something like 'onedb apply /any/file'. It would be
something similar to the current onedb fsck file. We can open a ticket for
it if you find this interesting.

Regards

--
Carlos Martín, MSc