[one-users] RAW section--can it be included in <devices></devices>?

Javier Fontan jfontan at opennebula.org
Tue Apr 1 00:21:31 PDT 2014

You can add the devices section in that stanza, libvirt will mix both
devices sections. For example:

RAW=[
TYPE="kvm",
DATA="<devices>
               <serial type='pty'>
                        <target port='0'/>
                </serial>
                <console type='pty'>
                        <target type='serial' port='0'/>
                </console>
</devices>"]

On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 5:18 AM, Steven C Timm <timm at fnal.gov> wrote:
> I would like to configure some OpenNebula VM's to have a serial console that
> can be accessed via the "virsh console" command.
>

> The following xml works if it is inserted  manually  before the </devices>
> tag in the deployment.0
>

>                 <serial type='pty'>
>
>                         <target port='0'/>
>
>                 </serial>
>
>                 <console type='pty'>
>
>                 <target type='serial' port='0'/>
>
>                 </console>
>

> But if I put it in the RAW section it ends up outside of the </devices> tag
> at the very end of the xml.  Is there any way to get the RAW section inside
> the <devices></devices> section of the XML?
>

> Steve Timm

Javier Fontán Muiños
Developer
www.OpenNebula.org | @OpenNebula | github.com/jfontan