[one-users] network contextualization xen 4.2 guest ubuntu 12.04

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Fri Sep 20 03:11:42 PDT 2013

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 9:24 PM, <kenny.kenny at bol.com.br> wrote:

> Hello, i read in some articles that i need to use network
> contextualization to pass the ip for the vm, by opennebula.
> I have a opennebula 4.2 and i´m using xen 4.2
>
> I have this in my deployment.0
>
> vif = [ ' mac=02:00:0a:00:04:11,ip=192.168.3.105,bridge=br0',]
>
> the mac adress is ok on the vm (ubuntu 12.04 guest), but ip is not ok.
> I want to pass the ip for VM?
>
> How can i do that?

The contextualization is explained in these guides:
http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel4.2:context_overview
http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel4.2:cong

Basically, you need to install a package we provide in your guest.

Cheers.

--
Join us at OpenNebulaConf2013 <http://opennebulaconf.com/> in Berlin, 24-26
September, 2013