[one-users] LDAP and default group

Ruben S. Montero rsmontero at opennebula.org
Fri Sep 20 00:56:54 PDT 2013

HI Martin

Unfortunately there is no configuration option for this. However you can do
an easy hook:

1.- Go to oned.conf and configure a hook on create user

2.- The configuration could be:

USER_HOOK = [
  name      = "move_to_group_hook",
  on        = "CREATE",
  command   = "/usr/bin/oneuser",
  arguments  = "chgrp $ID <the_new_group>"
]

3.- Restart oned

This will happen for every user created in the system, so you may want to
elaborate a little bit the logic if needed.

Cheers

Ruben

On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 8:42 AM, Martin Alfke <tuxmea at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am looking for a solution putting LDAP authenticated users into another
> default group (not users).
> I am using ONE 4.2.
> So far I have found no configuration option.
> On the OpenNebula website I found a document saying that users which are
> created by oneadmin user will be put into users group automatically.
>
> Where can I change this default behaviour?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Martin

Join us at OpenNebulaConf2013 in Berlin, 24-26 September, 2013
--
Ruben S. Montero, PhD
Project co-Lead and Chief Architect