[one-users] OpenNebula 4.2 Flame Beta (4.1.80) is Out!

Kenneth kenneth at apolloglobal.net
Tue Sep 17 02:38:57 PDT 2013

Hi all,

Sorry for hijacking this thread but the Official
OpenNebula 4.2 Release isn't out yet? Then what version am I using?

installed this package "Ubuntu-12.04-opennebula-4.2.0-1" downloaded from
the OpenNebula website? If this isn't 4.2 then what version is it?

Is
this a stable version?

BTW the OpenNebula Sunstone has no OneFlow on
the sidebar.

On 09/17/2013 04:45 PM, Jaime Melis wrote:

> Hi Jon,
>

> I have created a bug report to check this before the next release is
out. Thank you for reporting it.

http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/2325 [10]

> cheers,
> Jaime

On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 6:42 AM, Jon <three18ti at gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

>> Well, I kinda answered my question... It's definitely the
combination of renaming/removing /etc/one and upgrading.

>> here's
the procedure:

>> -- install OpenNebula 4.0.1-1
>> # cd
opennebula-4.0.1-1/
>> # dpkg -i *.deb
>> -- remove or rename /etc/one

>> # mv /etc/one /etc/one.bak
>> -- install OpenNebula 4.1.80
>> # cd
../opennebula-4.1.80-1/
>> # dpkg -i *.deb

`/etc/one/sunstone-views/admin.yaml'
script) since installation.
updated version.
are:

etc, etc, etc

>> My guess is this is actually a matter of how dpkg
works rather than how OpenNebula is packaged, but maybe if two packages
are tying to install the same configs this could happen...?

Happy to produce full logs, but I didn't want to clutter up the
announcement thread with console logs.

On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 10:07 PM, Jon <three18ti at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Before I ran the install I renamed /etc/one to
/etc/one.bak then I ran `dpkg -f *.deb` in the extracted directory.

While the install was running, I was prompted if I wanted to keep the
current version or the package maintainers version on a number of config
files (sunstone, etc).

>>> What is odd is the files in the
directory had a date of the 17th or 18th, so they have to have come from
the packages.
>>> Are two of the packages perhaps trying to install
configs?

>>> Anyway, out of curiosity I renamed the /etc/one to
/etc/one.old and performed another `dpkg -i *.deb`, but I kept getting
an error that there was on /etc/one directory. So I removed the packages
to attempt a "fresh" install [1], and any subsequent runs of `dpkg -i
*.deb` do not produce the same output, so I'm out of ideas.

Mostly thinking out loud.

>>> The new interface is pretty slick,
thanks for all the hard work guys!

>>> Best Regards,
>>> Jon A

>>> [1] actually, I purged the packages which killed my one.db of
course... yeah, yeah, I _SHOULD_ have backups... but it's a lab
environment, so really not the end of the world; lesson learned, glad I
did it in a test environment. I think it would be nice to include some
vocabulary in the upgrade about a backup of one.db not being necessary
but to make sure there is one somewhere... just in case.

>>> On
Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 8:26 AM, Michael Curran
<michael.curran at connectsolutions.com> wrote:

> [...]
guides -- ignore this question

connectsolutions | Lead Network Architect
Mobile 614.403.6320 [2] | www.connectsolutions.com [3]