[one-users] ubuntu 12.04 vm

Gabriel Cain gabriel at moz.com
Fri Sep 13 10:48:11 PDT 2013

I am, although just at the beginning stage of my cluster... I'm using a
disk image that I built with libvirt and have deployed.  I extracted the
kernel/initrd from the image, and my template just contains those things.
 I used the contextualization script as documented on opennebula.org.

My cluster is all libvirt on linux.

My template:

CONTEXT=[
  NETWORK="YES",
  SSH_PUBLIC_KEY="$USER[SSH_PUBLIC_KEY]" ]
CPU="1"
DISK=[
  IMAGE_ID="2" ]
GRAPHICS=[
  LISTEN="0.0.0.0",
  TYPE="VNC" ]
MEMORY="1024"
NIC=[
  NETWORK="MyNetwork" ]
OS=[
  ARCH="x86_64",
  BOOT="hd",
  GUESTOS="ubuntu64Guest",
  INITRD_DS="$FILE[IMAGE_ID=1]",
  KERNEL_DS="$FILE[IMAGE_ID=3]",
  ROOT="sda1" ]
VCPU="1"

$ oneimage list
   1 oneadmin   oneadmin   Ubuntu 12.04 Initrd  files          15M RD    No
rdy     0
   2 oneadmin   oneadmin   Ubuntu 12.04 x86_64... default        20G OS
 No used    2
   3 oneadmin   oneadmin   Ubuntu 12.04 Kernel files           5M KL    No
rdy     0