[one-users] Upgrade from 3.8.1 to 4.2

Duverne, Cyrille cyrille.duverne at euranova.eu
Thu Sep 5 05:47:41 PDT 2013

Hello Carlos,

Thanks ! Seems indeed seamless.

Kind regards
Cyrille

At Thursday, 05/09/2013 on 12:53 Carlos Martín Sánchez wrote:

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 11:43 AM, Duverne, Cyrille  wrote:

 What about the upgrade process from 3.8.1 to 4.2 via packages ? Is
this seemless ? Can I just suspend my VMs and resume them afterward ?
Or do I have to foresee a deeper upgrade ?

The process is seamless in the sense that you will retain your
configuration and existing VMs. You don't even need to suspend or
shutdown them, OpenNebula will continue to monitor and manage them
once the upgrade is done.

But it will require some manual intervention. Please read these guides
before the upgrade:
http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel4.2:upgrade

http://opennebula.org/documentation:archives:rel4.0:upgrade

http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel4.2:compatibility

http://opennebula.org/documentation:archives:rel4.0:compatibility

Regards

--
Join us at OpenNebulaConf2013 [1] in Berlin, 24-26 September, 2013
--Carlos Martín, MSc

What about the upgrade process from 3.8.1 to 4.2 via packages ? Is
this seemless ? Can I just suspend my VMs and resume them afterward ?
Or do I have to foresee a deeper upgrade ?

Kind regards
Cyrille

Links:
------