[one-users] VM images management

Randall Svancara rsvancara at wsu.edu
Tue Sep 3 15:04:33 PDT 2013

I use libvirt and virt-manager.

1.  Startup virt-manager
2.  Use the GUI to create a virtual machine, point it to an ISO
3.  Install the context tools
4.  Convert the image to qcow2
5.  Copy the qcow image to the opennebula instance
6.  Create the image in opennubula GUI.
7.  Create templates for the images
8.  Set permissions to access the templates to create new images

For images that go into production, I will be using Puppet.  Most of our
images are CentOS and Ubuntu.

Hope this helps.

Randall