[one-users] VM reschedule and Host flush features through Live Migration

Shek Mohd Fahmi Abdul Latip fahmi.latip at mimos.my
Thu Sep 12 20:53:45 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I performed few tests on VM reschedule and Host flush features, as a result it gave me some doubt on top of my head.

The behavior of "onevm resched" and "onehost flush"  execution is using "cold migration" instead of using "Live Migration". Is there any reason why it cannot be done through Live Migration? Can this feature be enabled on the next release perhaps as an option e.g. "onevm resched <vmid> --live" and "onehost flush <hostid> --live"?

p.s: "onevm resched" feature I keep comparing with VMware features called "DRS" and "onehost flush" feature with "host maintenance" as both done via "VMotion" in VMware.

Best regards,
.fahmie