[one-users] OpenNebula and DHCP Server

Mohammad Fazli Ahmat Jalaluddin fazli.jalaluddin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 23:49:10 PDT 2013

Hi guys,

I just want to ask few questions.

Does OpenNebula act as a DHCP Server and give IP address to the VM if it is
not contextualized in the first place?

When the VM is deploy (without context), e.g Ubuntu server default network
configuration is using DHCP, and thus the IP for the VM is different with
the one that OpenNebula uses from the vnet lease.

Is the IP address in the VM is given by OpenNebula (act as the DHCP server)
or given by our network existing DHCP server?

The reason I'm asking is because our network is poisoned since there are 2
DHCP server. BTW, our OpenNebula configuration for the network is using
dummy and using bridge in the frontend

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Fazli