[one-users] windows vm lose NIC driver

Tino Vazquez cvazquez at c12g.com
Thu Oct 31 03:13:50 PDT 2013

Hi,

Ok, now that we know that you are using the dynamic network node let's
see if everything is in place.

Could you please check that a port group "one-pg-<vnid>" is created in
the ESX's vSwitch0, where vnid is the id of the virtual network that
uses vSwitch0 as a bridge.

If that port group is created, the next step would be to check if the
VM is really attached to that port group. You can do that by
inspecting the settings of the VM through the VMware VI client.

If everything is correct and you still don't see the NIC within the
guest OS, there is a couple of things that can be tried:

 * set  E1000 as the NIC model (NIC=[MODEL="E1000",..]) in the VM
template and launching the VM again
 * install the VMware tools in the guestOS

Regards,

-Tino

Constantino Vázquez Blanco, PhD, MSc
Senior Infrastructure Architect at C12G Labs
www.c12g.com | @C12G | es.linkedin.com/in/tinova

--
Confidentiality Warning: The information contained in this e-mail and
any accompanying documents, unless otherwise expressly indicated, is