[one-users] context mac address

Michael Curran michael.curran at connectsolutions.com
Fri Oct 25 11:40:31 PDT 2013

Just to make sure I am clear on what I am looking for , this is the set of fields in the onevm show <vmid>

VM NICS
ID NETWORK              VLAN BRIDGE       IP              MAC
  0 private1_10.7.0.0     yes private_1    10.7.3.248      02:00:0a:07:03:f8
                                           fe80::400:aff:fe07:3f8
  1 private1_10.7.0.0     yes private_1    10.7.3.249      02:00:0a:07:03:f9
                                           fe80::400:aff:fe07:3f9

I want to create my own context variable that references ETH0_MAC - the mac address in the last colume

I have tried Carlos' suggestion below and also these now

ETH0_MAC="$NIC[MAC,ID=\"0\"]"
ETH0_MAC="$VMNIC[MAC,ID=\"0\"]"
ETH0_MAC="$VM_NIC[MAC,ID=\"0\"]"

With no such luck in finding the MAC so I can do MAC matching to assign IP's across multiple NICs based on that MAC

What is the correct variable pattern to use - is there a comprehensive list of these variables listed somewhere?

Michael Curran | connectsolutions | Lead Network Architect
Phone 614.568.2285 | Mobile 614.403.6320 | www.connectsolutions.com<http://www.connectsolutions.com>